Thursday, October 26, 2017

Clothing the constant shuffling

I've never been good at organization. My clothes especially. I've always had boxes of out of season or sentimental items. Yesterday I unpacked the last, I hope, box of my clothing. In an effort to eliminate the 'storage' box, I hung, tossed or chopped the stuff. Sentimental t-shirt got chopped up for rags and the picture part was carefully cut for a future quilt top.
Now if doing all my clothes wasn't bad enough I have two kids and a husband. Kids have been easy as I started a 'no keep or save for future kid's rule from birth. I also politely decline most hand-me-downs from family and friends. I just can't deal with sorting or storage. I saved adult size shoe box of A baby clothes and V does have a big tote from my mother of my old dresses. So my rule isn't hard or fast. It is frustrating to feel constantly dealing with everyone clothing. Not to mention towels, sheets and blankets (which I honestly admit we have large numbers)

Anyway I switched dressers with husband and kids. Unfortunately the old kids dresser never lived up to it's usefulness. Leaving a sad husband without. The new closet works great for shirts and pants, but socks and unders need a home., Not to forget our wool base layers we love in the winter.

So far a solution hasn't presented itself. Semi permeant Ikea bags of clothes still decorate the closet. More in number and more sturdy hangers are still needed to get the winter gear (heavy coats, bibs, coveralls and snow pants) out of totes.  Money is tight and I will just have to use what we got. Typically I can come up with something. Maybe the kids dresser will get used after all. Who knows. Back to shuffling!

No comments: