Now I never expect renovation to be easy, simple or straight forward. This time was no exceptions. We found under two layers of mosaics linoleum and tarpaper and some other paper stuff glued down tight. Mold and rot in the corner. Not surprised at all. There is suspicious evidence that perhaps maybe the room was at one long time a bathroom. Yikes it would have been small. Oh well we hope to repair the floor, probably replacing the sub floor with new plywood and then put a laminate tile on top. That's the plan. My expert father in law is coming this weekend to give advice. Not sure we'll get it all done. Since we are putting a vent fan in the bathroom and measuring for a front entry way.
So here are the before pictures. Enjoy your weekend!
|P.S. we got a new stove!!|
|The special mosaic linoium|