Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bonnie

Bonnie is our family rescue house cat. I've known her most of her cat life. She was born 11 years ago on my grandparents farm. A barn kitten we tamed and soon was a pet. Late that summer she had a litter of kittens,  nearly a kitten herself. Three cute kittens were found homes and she was spayed. She always was a small cat.  Then she lived with my Grandmother in and out of the house catching mice, birds and other wild things. What a life.  Years later my Grandmother got very sick and Bonnie came to live outside with my parents. Bonnie didn't get a long with their dog and got spooked under the trailer house and wouldn't come out. Sadly everyone thought she didn't survive the winter.

Boy was I shocked this fall to find her living in my parents new garage in an extra large dog crate. Still she doesn't get along with dogs or my family's other cat in the house. So I took her in to my family. Apartment living doesn't allow cats and I've always wanted one. Bonnie fit the bill perfectly, small, loves attention, is a bit shy and we are working on her spooky -ness, sometimes when we move around she runs away. Unfortunetly she is also camera shy, I've lost the good camera in the unpacking process and just can't seem to get her in focus with my phone camera. Pictures will just have to wait.

No comments: